Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If you were arrested in Waller County and received a deferred adjudication you may be eligible to have your record sealed.  Often people don’t understand, and some lawyers don’t explain, the lasting impact that probation can have on a persons life.  Some assume that since they were not convicted it will not hurt there chances at a job and that no one will be able to find out about it.  Unfortunately that is not the case.  If you were put on deferred adjudication in Waller County and a person performs a background search on you they will find out that you were placed on deferred adjudication, what the crime was, when it occurred and other aspects of the offense.  It will remain on your record for anyone to see unless you do something about it.

    If you were put on deferred in Waller County you may be eligible to have your record sealed from the public by obtaining an order of nondisclosure.  If a judge signs an order of nondisclosure in Waller County the general public will no longer have access to your records.  Your criminal records will be sealed from everyone but certain named state agencies.  Please call us for a free consultation at 713-651-1444 to see if you are eligible for a non-disclosure.  If you are eligible it is up to the Judge whether to grant the order.  We have a great deal of experience in filing motions for non-disclosure, call now to speak directly with an attorney or fill out an online contact form.


Related Articles


What is a Non-Disclosure?


The difference Between Sealing a Record and Expunging a Record.


What is Deferred Adjudication?