Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If you are on deferred adjudication and a motion to adjudicate has been filed and signed by the judge a warrant has been issued for your arrest.  You are entitled to a bond on a motion to adjudicate.  You were never found guilty of a crime and therefore you have a right to a bond.  This is different than strait probation.  If you are on regular probation you are not entitled to a bond.  Although some people use the phrase probation to refer to both deferred adjudication and strait probation this is one of the difference between the two.  Sometimes the judge will have already set the bond when issuing the warrant but in many counties a bond is not set until the judge is approached and a request is made.

    If you have had problems with your deferred adjudication or probation in Houston, Galveston, Fort Bend, Brazoria County, or any of the other surround counties you need to hire a probation revocation attorney to defend you against the accusation.  The state still has to prove that you violated your probation and depending on their claims this is not always possible.  Additionally, just because you may have made some mistakes on your probation often we find that with the proper legal strategy we are able to avoid a revocation.  For a free consultation please call us at 713-651-1444 or fill out an online contact form.