Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-661-5030
Phone: 713-651-1444
Topek & Topek

Call For A Free Consultation

Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If a motion to adjudicate your deferred adjudication has been filed or you believe will be filed soon you need to contact an Harris County criminal defense attorney with experience representing those accused of violating a condition of community supervision.  If you accepted a plea agreement that put you on deferred adjudication it means you were trying to avoid a final conviction on your record and possible jail time.  You probably already understand the impact that having a conviction on your record, whether it is a misdemeanor or felony, can have on your future.  You may have accepted deferred thinking it would be easy only to quickly overwhelmed to a point where you felt helpless and now you find yourself facing a possible final conviction and possibly going to jail for whatever amount of time the Judge see’s fit. 

    The first thing you need to understand is that although a motion to adjudicate has been filed the judge has not convicted you of the offense.  By signing the motion an arrest warrant is issued and the judge will make a determination as to whether or not you violated a condition of your deferred adjudication and then if the judge finds a condition was violated a decision will be made as to whether you should remain on community supervision or not.  There are many instances where although the state can prove a violation occurred our client is not revoked.  If a motion has been filed it is a problem that is best faces as soon as possible with a defense attorney who will zealously protect your rights and work hard to ensure the best possible outcome.  For a free consultation please call us at 713-651-1444 or fill out an online contact form and an attorney will contact you shortly.


Related Articles


Do I Need A Lawyer if There is A Motion to Revoke?


What can Happen if Judge Revokes Deferred?


There is A Warrant Out, Have I Been Revoked?