Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If you were arrested in Brazoria County and later pled guilty or no contest and placed on community supervision you may be eligible to have your record sealed.  The first step is to see if you received regular probation or deferred adjudication.  If you received deferred adjudication there is a chance your record could be sealed from the public.  This means that if you apply for a job, an apartment, or if anyone tries to look you up on a public database your criminal record will not show up.  We often get calls from people who believed that since they received deferred adjudication and were not convicted of a crime that it would not be on their record.  Unfortunately, although it does not come up as a conviction your record will still show that you were arrested and placed on community supervision and this can be enough to make it impossible to get many jobs you may otherwise be qualified for.

    In order to seal your record in Brazoria County we file what is called a motion for a non-disclosure.  If you meet the basic qualifications for a nondisclosure it is then up to the judge whether the motion is granted.  The judge will decide weather or not the sealing is in the interest of justice.  Once the motion is filed we will be given a court setting where we can convince the judge that granting the motion is in the interest of justice.

    If you have a criminal history in Brazoria County and you want to know if you are eligible to have your record sealed please call us for a free consultation at 713-651-1444 or fill out an online contact form and an experienced Brazoria County nondisclosure attorney will call you shortly.


Related Articles:


Difference Between a Non-Disclosure and an Expunction


Who Can See a Sealed Record?