Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    As Texas Parole Lawyers we are frequently asked what unit an offender will be sent to after they have been sentenced to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.  We are often asked this question by families whose loved one has just been sentenced to a short sentence and are looking for a parole attorney.  For security reasons TDCJ does not announce when they are going to get an inmate from county jail nor where they are going to take them. 

    However, most offenders will first go to a transfer facility and usually the transfer facility is relatively close to the county in which they were sentenced.  Some offenders, depending on the length of the sentence, will still become eligible for parole and be considered for parole while still at the transfer facility.  Examples of transfer units in Texas are the Holiday Unit, Gurney Unit, Choice Moore Unit, Garza East and Garza West, Tulia Unit and the Marlin Unit.  Offenders often go to one of these units where they will go through sociology and a determination is then made as to what unit they will be sent.

    If you have a loved one who was recently sentenced to TDCJ and have questions about their parole eligibility, chances at getting parole, or the parole process please call us on our toll free number 888-661-5030 or fill out an online contact form for a free consultation with an experienced Texas parole lawyer.  The parole process can be confusing and it is an emotionally difficult time for offenders and their families.  In addition to the work we do convincing the Texas Parole Board that our client is an excellent candidate we pride ourselves on always being available in order to answer any questions