Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If you are on probation and a motion to revoke your probation has been filed in court and signed by the judge a warrant has been issued for your arrest.  In Texas a judge is not required to set a bond on a motion to revoke probation.  The judge can make you wait in jail while your case is resolved.  This is different than most cases where a judge will set a bond when they sign an arrest warrant.  If you are on regular probation and a motion to revoke is filed you are not entitled to a bond and often judges will not set one.  If you hire us depending on the circumstances and what is best for your case we may request a bond from the judge.  Depending on the specifics of the case the judge may or may not set a bond.

    If you are on probation in Harris County, Brazoria County, Montgomery County, Fort Bend County or Galveston county and a motion to revoke your probation has been filed please call us at 713-651-1444 or complete an online contact form and an experienced probation revocation lawyer will call you shortly.  Your probation has not been revoked just because your probation officer has alleged that you made some mistakes.  A good probation revocation attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.  The rules regarding bonds on a motion to adjudicate deferred adjudication are different and are discussed elsewhere on this site.