Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    If you are on felony or misdemeanor probation and you are accused of violating your probation you could be sentenced to jail, state jail, or prison depending on offense that led to your probation.  If you are on probation, as opposed to deferred adjudication, the length of time you could be incarcerated is stated in your judgment.

    You also should know that even though you have been accused of violating your probation in Houston you will not automatically be sent to jail or prison and it does not necessarily mean that your probation will be terminated.  Before you are incarcerated the State must file a motion to revoke your probation.  Once that motion has been filed an arrest warrant will be issued and you will have a chance to defend yourself against the allegations.  The prosecutors have the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that you violated a condition of your probation.  Additionally, even if they can prove that you violated a condition of your probation the judge could still determine that they will keep you on probation.

    If you are concerned about going to jail because of possible probation violation in Houston you need to contact an attorney immediately.  We have decades of experience defending accused probation violators in Harris County.  Please call us at 713-651-1444 for a free consultation or fill out an online contact form and an experience Houston Texas probation violation attorney will contact you shortly.