Seth Topek
Connect with me
Criminal Defense Attorney: Defending the Rights of the Accused and the Incarcerated

    Yes, it is possible to obtain an early termination of your deferred adjudication in Houston.  However, you should know that whether or not to end your community supervision early is completely up to the judge that placed you on deferred adjudication.  Different judges have different policies for when they will let a person off early.  Often judges will look at the type of offense, how you have done on community supervision, and why you want the deferred adjudication terminated.  We always insist before filing a motion to early terminate that our client has paid fines and restitution, taken all classes they were assigned, completed community service, never missed a reporting date and generally met all their requirements.

    Although judges can review a file and terminate a persons community supervision on their own without a motion it is generally helpful to hire an attorney to draft a motion for early termination.  Although a court can early terminate after one third of the probation is complete most judges in Houston require half to be completed.  Since it is at the judges discretion we discuss at length why our clients want the early termination.  We request a resume from our client and learn as much about their situation as is necessary in order to put forward convincing reasons why our clients deferred should be ended early.

    If you are on deferred adjudication in Houston and have questions about whether or not you can be let off deferred early please call us for a free consultation at 713-651-1444 or fill out an online contact form.  Once you are off of deferred you may be eligible to have your record sealed.




Probation Revocation